Professionally convert photos into black and white
Another thing I learnt from Photoshop is how to convert pictures into black and white. Here's how:
First, a little lesson
What we will be doing is deciding how dark - or light - that the colours will be in the photo. 0 means the colour is completely black and 120 means completely white. Let's get started!
1. Open the picture you want to edit.
2. Click the Adjustments icon (if you can't see it, go to Window then Adjustments).
3. Click the Black and White icon (highlighted on the right of picture below)
Your picture will have now turned black and white. Now, it's time to customise the brightness of the colours!
4. Click the dropdown that is marked "Default." If you like it the way it is, you don't need to do anything else. Keep going through the Presets until you find one that is right for you.
5. If you still can't find the right preset, play around with the Red, Yellow, Green, Cynan, Blue and Magenta sliders until you get it just right. For this photo, I changed it to (in the above order) 0, 75, 45, 120, 0, 0.
All screenshots and photos are subject to the Copyright Policy unless stated otherwise.